Many people and corporations claim to know how to do SEO (search engine marketing). There are many SEO services to choose from. How do you know what to look for in a good SEO consultant / service? Listed below are tips.
1. Using the high competition of SEO professionals fighting to your business, some will offer fixed pricing or low pricing. A professional SEO company will not give you any upfront promises or pricing. All companies needs and goals are different from another. An SEO professional must take the time to get to know every aspect of your business and your advertising goals and assist you to come up with a cost for the service.
2. Make sure that your SEO company is not being outsourced to some 3rd party. What I mean with this is that, when you are looking for professionals, confirm that they are completing the work themselves and not with a sub-contraced company they hire. Your relationship has to be directly with the company or person you hire to accomplish your marketing and advertising. An excessive amount of miscommunication will break down your marketing campaign efforts. There are certain circumstances where it might be appropriate for an SEO company to outsource part of the work. An example would be website design. If an agency is hiring someone to do the graphics and set-up only, then that is acceptable as long as the SEO services doing the content and optimization of your site. Professional SEO companies with have very tight partnerships with web design professionals.
3. Be sure that they can rank difficult keywords. Ask about their strategy when you get your keywords ranked. An excellent test is to find out if their own company is in front page of Google. There are some circumstances where this might not apply. As an example, if someone has been doing SEO to get a very long time and decides to begin a new company, normally it takes a few months to rank their particular site to the top with the search engines (just as it’s going to for yours).
4. Watch out for anyone who promises to have your business at the top of the search engines within a designated time. There is no prediction nor is there any sort of formula that can be carried out to know exactly how long it will require to rank websites. If someone else is getting you to the very best within a few weeks, chances are they are not doing ethical practices and will also only hurt you in the end. Google will get caught up to SEO’s who are using unethical practices and your site will be penalized that will put you at the bottom with the rankings. It often takes around 3-4 months to acquire sites ranked on Google. There may be some instances that you will get to the top sooner plus some that you may get there later. It all depends on how competitive your keywords are.
5. Be sure that SEO is the persons full-time profession. You don’t want your SEO advertiser to be putting your campaign privately because they have other things to tend to. You also need to be sure that they know what they’re doing and are not just carrying this out as something extra to generate money. Also watch out for people who think they are SEO professionals simply because they work in a computer field. Although I have a degree in Computer Computer, it did not make me an SEO professional. I learned everything I understand outside of college through a team of experts.